March 20, 2013

Hiding

My dearest Mom,

since I felt so happy and light during our break in Joberg I went right back for the weekend and stayed. Monday, Tuesday Wednesday. Tonie and I went swimming and tobogganning. I watched some stupid TV. Ah, we had fun. There was lots to laugh about and I felt like a very good, sane Mum.

Being away it feels as if you are only a phone call away and I'll speak to you soon to tell you all the latest news and stuff. Back home... is back home where the whole you left is all consuming. I am dreading your house in Munich. In the beginning it felt safe and I spent every other afternoon there just to calm down and feel close to you. But now I cringe only thinking about it, it's a nothing but a weight on my shoulders. Everything looks the same as always, your housekeeper takes care of everything, even decorated easter things. Your brothers and T find it spooky that the house looks like always. Frozen in time. None of us can afford to move into your house. Renting it will be difficult... and sooner or later we will sell. And some company will tear our home down and will build one of those apartment buliding clones. your house is almost the last of its kind in this area.

Anyway. Here is my latest video I created it for my cashmere client. It was my favourite way of working when every step in the process just falls into place. Happens rarely but is the BEST. And itworks. She was really, really happy.

I love you. I understand you won't come back. I think.



Dancing sweater from mimicks on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment