April 18, 2013

Ziggy Stardust & The London Eye

My dearest momanimal,

We arrived save and Sound but our trip is a Story in it's own. Not because of Tonie, she was a blast! Totally cute, she insisted on fasten her seat belt thing and was very serious about it. I fear that you left me your travel fever... It is simply different to travel with small kids. All the packing and prepairing, the food to take and the games to organize... No dozing over a people magazine, looking around, having a cappuccino, trying lipgloss in the duty free... Well, and what do ya know my passport was out of date. I was at the gate perfectly on time and the passport control lady didn't let me go on board. I had to get a new five day passport at the aiport and then had to take the next flight. Plus a 30 min lays. Makes 2.5 hours travel time on top of all and a very tearful- almost fallen into pieces - mum. Because of your departure I am just very edgy whenever anything unexpected happens. Changing the flight should have cost me more than 450 euros but somehow the Lufthansa support ladies made it happen and we could take the next flight for the basic fee. I am so very thankful to them. I was so excited about Tonie's and my first trip. I really was devastated when the boarding lady just didn't let me through. Thanks! I only met the nicest and most helpful strangers yesterday, one after the other! Even though I was a drama queen and it was my fault to begin with.

In London! We wanted to visit the David Bowie exhibition in the Victoria and Albert museum but there was such a long queue! I really want to see it... And as I have lived in Paris for many years without going on top of the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triomphe and I lived in New York without EVER going to the Statue of Liberty - it is so shameful I am scared to put it down on a screen here- I now really, really want to go onto the London eye - enormous wonderwheel right by the river Thames. And which means lots of queuing, too. Add two toddlers and a their tiny agendas: enjoy the ride...

What we did do today: we had breakfast at a french-sich cafe, left early because of the little temper of my friends son. Visited a butterfly exhibition, I left early because tonie was scared of humid, noisy environment. Had coffee at a friends place whom I have'nt seen since.... 2001?  Even though I always really liked here but I fear I wronged at some point. Another story.

Tonie: somehow she seems to believe that I have some kind of mean plan to leave her behind! She makes very sure that I
A don't forget her
B don't leave the stroller anywhere outside where we can't see it
C don't let the car service guy run off with our suitcase

She even recognized our suitcase on the luggage conveyor belt...One and a half! It's all I have to say. She is gifted. And very cute. Oh and she once again was so sweet when I cried at the passport office. Stroked my knee. I explained everything to her. Ahhh! I feel ashamed and proud at the same time that she is so empathic... (Ashamed because my toddler comforts me)

I love you! I will select images and post them later on. I hope you are doing fine....






No comments:

Post a Comment