January 15, 2013

Christmas Cards?

Dearest Mom.

Finally I put together the Christmas Cards I did this year. I did several for companies but the most fun are the ones for families. Especially families I have been portraying for the past few years. I started all design with J and O – I did the letter shoot with them an it was hilarious! We all had lots of fun. Whereas a few years ago (age 6 months and 2.5 years) they were so shy towards me when I arrived with all my equipment, lights and tripod. By now they know I'll show up sooner or later and they just go with it and are actually excited to make pictures again. I should add the Christmas of the Two from last year and two years ago when they just jumped on the bed!

Unfortunately Tonie's card didn't get finished yet. With bracelets and all. Now I am thinking about sending a New Years Greeting? Easter Greeting? I don't know yet, I just love the collage concept. And I want to send cute pictures of my daughter, TOO! Right now all the images of Tonie used in the design were shot while you were still alive. Something that always goes through my mind. In this picture of me I still have a mother.... I bought this shirt with you. Last time I was here, I was with you. The jolts of pain are back with force. Several times a day I think of you and can't believe you really, really won't be back. I still can't understand or believe it. And each time I think of you shoots through me: You are dead.

Our heater is broken. We are at your place, it is so cold at our place. To be here and stay overnight. Strange again. I am tired.
I love you and I miss you. Please come back.


J & O letter design... first I thought it wouldn't work... but – shift, move and bla – now it does.

A more classic baubles design I translated from a fashion client Xmas Card.



Tonie!








No comments:

Post a Comment